To register for this workshop go to Growthskills.org
The One Week Intensive for Counselors (OWI)—a one week training workshop for psychologists, therapists, counselors, pastoral caregivers, and those in helping roles.
The OWI is a highly effective program designed and personally conducted by Drs. Henry Cloud and John Townsend, clinical psychologists and best-selling authors. This one-of-a-kind experience has been created specifically for clinicians and those in people-helping roles. This workshop is being co-sponsored by the American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC).
There are several unique aspects to the OWI experience:
Training by Drs. Cloud and Townsend in their biblically-based therapeutic model. On occasion there may be presentations by other qualified Cloud-Townsend presenters.
• Intensive process groups led by trained clinicians, in which you will do your own personal growth work, based on the Cloud-Townsend model
• Continuing education hours are available for your licensure requirements.
Click here: AACC
For over 20 years, Drs. Cloud and Townsend have used their growth model in many settings: inpatient and outpatient treatment clinics, clinical supervision, books and speaking, radio and media work, the Ultimate Leadership Workshop, and the corporate and coaching world. With their approach, they have helped millions to resolve depressions, anxiety disorders, addictions, character disorders, trauma issues, relational struggles, family dysfunctions and career problems.
Now, for the first time, you can receive a systematic and experiential training in their model. You will learn:
• The principles and biblical nature of the growth model
• How to use differential diagnostics to identify character issues driving psychological disorders
• How to use the power of relationship and structure to resolve issues
• Treatment interventions and techniques to further growth
• Solving treatment-resistant issues which hinder growth
Not only that, but you will also have the opportunity to experience this training in your own growth process, as a way to internalize and truly understand how to use it personally, so that you can then apply it to your counselees. You will be involved in intensive process groups all week, in which you will:
• Experience a safe and confidential setting with other people in the helping world
• Be able to receive growth for yourself in an intensive environment
• Identify the issues and hurts which have been holding you back
• Learn how the Cloud-Townsend model provides accelerated resolution on an experiential level
• Take away principle and techniques that you can use in your practice or setting
Finally, you will be able to accrue continuing education hours through AACC for your license. This is an excellent to way to maximize your time and finances for your professional life.
The OWI is held at the Ayres Hotel & Suites in Costa Mesa, California. www.ayrescostamesa.com
The conference begins early Monday morning and concludes Friday around 12:00 noon. The daily schedule times vary.
Cost: $2,950 – includes lodging, most meals and all materials.
For those interested in earning continuing education hours, there is an additional fee. The One Week Intensive for Counselors is a once-in-a-lifetime training and growth experience. Please note: The NBCC is not participating in co-sponsorship or offering CE hours for the One Week Intensive for Counselors.
For further information please call: 1-949-660-0866.(Before you make travel arrangements for the One Week Intensive for Counselors; please contact our office to insure space is available and you have completed the workshop phone interview).