Is Ultimate Leadership right for me?
At Cloud-Townsend Resources, we have a broad definition of leadership. We believe that you are a leader if your life’s work influences the lives of others. If you’re not sure that you are a good candidate for Ultimate Leadership, feel free to call us; we can help you determine if this workshop is right for you. Our attendees come from all over the world and from all walks of life, both in the business community and in the ministry.
Ultimate Leadership is a unique biblically-based leadership workshop designed by best-selling authors Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend. If you are interested in overcoming obstacles to your personal and professional growth, this workshop will allow you to focus on reaching the next level. You will learn new skills and gain a deeper understanding of yourself and others; this is the missing piece in other leadership training! In addition to experiencing dramatic results in your leadership, all your important relationships will improve. It’s a wonderful investment in your personal, spiritual and professional growth.
Sometimes our attendees have come because they have a personal issue, such as anger or depression, which is affecting their personal life, which in turn is affecting their work life. Who we are inside affects our leadership and our life.
Where are the workshops held?
These five-day workshops are currently held at Ayres Hotel & Suites in Costa Mesa, California. Feel free to visit their website at www.ayreshotels.com
What if I want to stay longer or arrive earlier?
Your registration covers lodging from Sunday afternoon through Friday morning. If you wish to add more time to your stay, please let our office know your additional date. When there are rooms available, Ayres will do their best to accommodate you at a reduced rate. The earlier you register, the more likely you’ll be able to add days to your stay.
How can I register? How long does the registration process take?
Registration can be done online or by phone. You may click on this link to submit your registration: register
If you choose to register online, we will call you once we receive your order to complete the brief interview.
We also welcome your phone-in registration. Feel free to call us at 800-676-GROW (4673). The phone registration process will take approximately 15 minutes to complete.
Can I make payments toward the registration fees?
Depending on when you register, payments can be made in two or three installments.
Payment plans are as follows:
If you register up to three months in advance of the workshop – you can pay half of the registration, with your final payment being due one month prior to the workshop.
If you register over three months in advance – you may choose to make two or three equal payments, with your final payment being due one month prior to the workshop.
What is included in the registration fee?
The registration fee includes your lodging for 5 nights, Sunday through Thursday, breakfasts, lunches and dinner on Monday evening, and all workshop materials. Ayres hotel provides shuttle service from Orange County Airport to Ayres Hotel in Costa Mesa. Once you register, we provide a Welcome Packet with Airport, Rental Car and Shuttle information.
How many people generally attend this workshop?
We intentionally take only a small number of attendees at each workshop. Our attendance is limited to a maximum of 40 people.
What is the length of the workshop?
Hotel check-in takes place on Sunday, after 3:00 PM. The workshops begin early Monday morning, and conclude Friday at approximately 12:00 PM.
Which airport is closest to the workshop?
The closest airport is John Wayne/Orange County airport (airport code SNA) which is about 1 mile from the hotel. Hotel shuttle service provided from Orange County Airport to Ayres Hotel in Costa Mesa. Long Beach airport (LGB) is approximately 21 miles north and Los Angeles Airport (LAX) is approximately 44 miles north. San Diego Airport is approximately 85 miles south of Costa Mesa.
Should I rent a car for the week?
That is completely up to you! You have free time some evenings and might want to rent a car if you’re planning to visit any of the nearby scenic attractions. However, many of our attendees take the hotel shuttle to Ayres Hotel, and stay put for the week.
If I live in Orange County or have another option for lodging, should I stay at the hotel?
Staying onsite enhances the overall experience of the Ultimate Leadership Workshop for several reasons:
- It allows you to focus 100% on yourself and your own growth experience, something you rarely can do in the course of everyday life. Unlike home, there are no distractions to draw you away from your goal of personal and spiritual growth.
- You will be able to participate more fully in the workshop when you don’t have to leave at the end of each day for your home or other lodging. A good deal of meaningful conversation takes place outside of the structure of the workshop schedule, which can lead to a greater awareness of the issues affecting your personal life and leadership. The more time you spend with one another, the better your team members are able to give you insightful feedback.
- You can be more emotionally present in the process when you unplug from the distractions of everyday life that will tug at you; distractions such as traffic, voice mails, snail mail, to name only a few. At home, family and friends are used to having immediate access to you, and will want to interact with you. All of these distractions draw you away from what you are discovering and experiencing; the result is a diminished experience.
- You will be more likely to hear from God as you eliminate all of the outside noise and distractions that can so often drown out His voice.
Should my spouse and I attend this workshop together?
Couples frequently attend Ultimate Leadership together; however, we do not assign spouses to the same team. Each couple should make this decision based on their own unique situation; we suggest you talk with us prior to finalizing your registration plans.
Here are some points to consider:
- The goal of this workshop is to help each individual focus completely on the growth issues that they have identified and want to address during the week.
- Growth issues are sometimes difficult for us to process, and it is essential that you have a distraction-free environment.
- It can be difficult to see your spouse struggling with this process, and this could distract you from doing your own work.
- We want you to make the most of your time at Ultimate Leadership to do this important growth work!
Occasionally, we will hold “Special Couples Groups.” Click here for more information.
Can I bring along family members who are not attending the workshop?
We strongly discourage attendees from doing so, for all of the reasons listed above. This is a week to focus on your growth, and we have learned from past experience that the presence of family members during this process will distract you and lessen the impact of the workshop.
Are there scholarships available?
Thanks to the Ultimate Leadership Foundation, we are able to offer limited scholarships to those who need financial assistance to offset the cost of the workshop. This foundation is made possible by generous donations from others who wish to help well-deserving individuals benefit from the Ultimate Leadership experience. These scholarships are dependent on the funds available at the time of registration